- 250 g (1 1/2 cup) orzo
- 4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 150 g (1 cup) yellow or gold cherry tomatoes, diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded, and diced
- 100 g (2/3 cup) feta, crumbled
- 25 g (1 cup) basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper
Cook the orzo in a large saucepan of salted, boiling water until ‘al dente’, about 10-12 minutes usually. Drain well and rinse under cold running water. Let the orzo continue draining in the sink as you prepare the other ingredients.
Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, and dried oregano in a large mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes, spring onions, cucumber, red pepper, orzo, and plenty of salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
Turn out the salad onto a serving plate and top with the feta and basil before serving.