- ¼ cup Bioglan Organic Chia Seeds
- 1 cup wholemeal bread crumbs
- 2 tbs sesame seeds
- Pinch salt and pepper
- 250g block firm tofu, cut into slices
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 packet rice paper roll sheets
- Warm water, for soaking
- 1 packet store bought kale slaw
- 1 avocado, pip and seed removed, sliced
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 1 tbs lime juice, fresh
- 1 tsp sesame oil
In a bowl combine the chia seeds, breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, salt and pepper.
Dip each slice of tofu in beaten egg and coat well with the chia seed crumb mix.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat, and add tofu cooking on each side until golden and crispy. Transfer to a paper towel covered plate and let cool slightly.
To assemble, soak a rice paper sheet in warm water until soft, then place on a towel or chopping board. Place a handful of kale slaw in the centre, top with sliced avocado, coriander and tofu, roll up to enclose the filling, and repeat with remaining mixture.
In a small bowl or jar, whisk together all of the dipping sauce ingredients and serve the rice paper rolls alongside the sauce.