- 300 g heirloom carrots, peeled
- 300 g (2 cups) fresh peas, podded
- 150 g (1 cup) fresh broad beans, podded
- 100 g (1 cup) asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 100 g (1 cup) green beans, trimmed
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 150 g (1 cup) salad radishes, quartered
- 4 spring onions, green tops trimmed
- 1 radicchio, cut into wedges
- 3-4 thyme sprigs
- 350 ml vegetable stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the carrots, peas, broad beans, asparagus, and green beans, parboiling for 2 minutes. Drain well and refresh in a bowl of iced water.
Drain the vegetables and spread out on kitchen paper to drain.
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan set over medium heat. Add the radishes, spring onions, radicchio, and a good pinch of salt, cooking and stirring until softened, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the parboiled vegetables, thyme, and stock. Bring to a steady simmer, cover with a lid, and reduce the heat to low, braising until the vegetables are tender to the tip of a knife, about 3-5 minutes.
Remove the lid and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.