- 1 x 250g packet 90-second black rice
- 1 bunch of broccolini, ends trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cup kale ribbons (stalks removed, leaves sliced and massaged)
- 1 large mango, sliced into wedges
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (tinned variety)
- 1 tbs lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 3 tbs coriander leaves, finely chopped
Microwave the black rice according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, place in a serving dish and set aside to cool.
Next, place all the dressing ingredients in a small jug or jar, stir and set aside to allow all the flavours to combine.
Blanch the broccolini (pop into a heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside for 3-4 minutes, or until just cooked through). Drain and set aside too cool.
Add the capsicum, spring onion, kale and mango to the black rice. Finally, slice the broccolini lengthways and add that too. Serve with the dressing on the side and add as desired. Mix well and serve with lime wedges.