- 2 tbs sunflower or groundnut oil, divided
- 450g (3 cups) extra-firm tofu, cubed and patted dry
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into strips
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 100g (1 cup) mangetout
- 150g (2 cups) shiitake mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) broccoli florets
- 2 tbs soy sauce, or low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
Preheat a wok over a moderate heat until hot. Add 1 tbsp oil and swirl to coat the wok.
Add the tofu and stir-fry for 2 minutes, tossing occasionally. Slide out onto a plate.
Add the remaining oil to the wok followed by the vegetables, stir-frying until just tender to the bite, about 3 minutes.
Return the tofu to the wok along with the soy sauce and vinegar. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
Divide between plates and garnish with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.