- 1 ½ cups wholemeal plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- ½ cup Bioglan Probiotic Breakfast Smoothie Powder, Vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 3 bananas, peeled and mashed
- ½ cup maple syrup or honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
Espresso Cream Cheese
- 250g block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1-2 tbs honey
- Pinch salt
- ½ shot espresso (room temperature)
Honey Whipped Ricotta
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 1-2 tbs honey
- 1 tbs lemon juice plus 1-2 tsp lemon zesty
Preheat oven to 180C. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and bi carb soda. Add smoothie powder, cinnamon and salt, combine well.
In another bowl, whisk together banana, maple/honey, oil, eggs and vanilla extract.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir, before mixing through the macadamia nuts.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and cook for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean. Let cool in the tin before removing.
For the honey ricotta, combine ricotta, honey and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth, tasting for sweetness. Stir through the lemon zest. Set aside in the fridge and spread on bread when ready to serve.
For the espresso cream cheese, combine cream cheese, honey and salt in a food processor and slowly add the espresso shot, blend until smooth. Set aside in the fridge and spread on bread when ready to serve.