- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 125 g (½ cup) chunky peanut butter
- 3 tbs filtered water
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, extract or powder
- 100 g (1 cup) almond meal
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbs cacao nibs or roughly chopped dark chocolate
- 3 tbs shredded coconut
- 3 tbs roughly chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3 tbs roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- Smooth peanut butter, for drizzling (optional)
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
Add the bananas, peanut butter, water and vanilla to a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk or whiz with a hand-held blender until mostly smooth. Add in the almond meal, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and beat again until really well combined.
Using a spoon, gently fold in the cacao nibs or chopped chocolate, shredded coconut and nuts.
Dollop the sticky dough into 12 equal mounds on the prepared trays. Place in the oven and bake for 15–18 minutes, or until the bottoms are firm and the edges are golden.
Remove the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool slightly on the tray. Drizzle over the smooth peanut butter (if using) and enjoy.