- 2 large beetroots, peeled, diced and cooked
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup wholemeal plain flour, sifted
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup Bioglan Cacao powder
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup hazelnut or almond meal
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
Preheat oven to 160C.
Lightly grease and line a 20x20cm baking tray with baking paper.
Add beetroot to a food processor and blend until smooth, set aside.
In a large bowl, using electric beaters, beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift flour, baking powder and cacao over the mixture, fold in well. Add beetroot puree, dark chocolate, hazelnut or almond meal and coconut oil, combine well.
Pour into the prepared baking tray and cook for 15-25 mins until slightly firm to touch or test with a skewer.