- 160 g (1 cup) almonds, roughly chopped
- 100 g (1 cup) pecans, roughly chopped
- 160 g (1 cup) macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- 140 g (1 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 60 g (1 cup) coconut flakes
- 3 tbs cacao powder
- 2 tbs cacao nibs, plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod, split and seeds scraped, or 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) melted coconut oil
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) espresso or instant coffee
- 3 tbs pure maple syrup
- Vanilla coconut yogurt, to serve
Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl and mix well to combine. In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix everything together well, making sure the nuts and seeds are really well coated with the liquid.
Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared baking trays and bake for 10–15 minutes, or until the nuts are golden brown and the mixture is nice and dry.
Remove the trays from the oven and leave to cool, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week. To serve, top with whipped vanilla coconut cream and a scattering of cacao nibs.
Makes 1 big jar