- 80 g (1/2 cup) whole almonds
- 80 g (1/2 cup) hazelnuts
- 150 g (1 cup) pumpkin seeds
- 85 g (1/2 cup) brown flax seeds
- 4 tbs sesame seeds
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds
- 325 g (3 cups) almond flour
- 110 g (1 cup) hazelnut flour
- 4 tbs coconut flour
- 3 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 medium eggs
- 375 ml unsweetened almond milk
- 150 g (0.67 cup) coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 tbs cider vinegar
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 20 g (1 cup) edible flower petals, e. g. , rose, begonia, nasturtium, optional
- 250 g (1 cup) quark
- 3 tbs chives, snipped
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan). Grease and line the base and sides of a 900 g loaf tin with parchment paper.
In a food processor, finely grind the whole almonds and hazelnuts; tip out into a large mixing bowl.
Add the pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, sesame seeds, and sunflower seeds to the processor; pulse until roughly chopped but not ground. Add to the bowl with the ground nuts.
Add the flours, bicarbonate of soda, and salt to the bowl with the nuts and seeds; whisk well and set aside.
In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, almond milk, melted coconut oil, vinegar, and honey until well blended.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry and thoroughly whisk until combined into a batter. Let the batter stand for 10 minutes.
Pour into the prepared tin. If using, top with the edible flower petals.
Bake the bread until set and golden brown on top, 45-55 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let the bread cool completely in its tin. In a small bowl, stir the chives into the quark.
To serve, stir the chives into a small bowl of the quark. Turn out the bread and slice; serve with the chive quark.